Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe was originally published in "Real Simple" magazine. I love the flavor combinations, and it smells heavenly while baking.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup white wine or 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly coat a loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, walnuts, baking powder, rosemary, salt and lemon zest in bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, wine, and olive oil, then stir into dry ingredients.
- Transfer the batter into pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Fabulous! I don't eat nuts so i took them out and i didn't have wine so i substituted a little more water and a bit of lemon juice. turned out great! thanks sarikat!
Wonderful smelling fluffy loaf. I didn't have lemon zest so i substituted dried orange peel. I didn't use the walnuts either. The bread was still very good without them but I imagine it's outstanding w/them.
This is fabulous! I love the rosemary flavor, and it goes great with cheese! It is nice change of pace bread, and easy to pull together. I have also baked this bread for others for gifts. Edited to say: This is a dense bread, similar to a banana bread texture, not like a sandwich loaf bread.