Recipe by DuChick
I love a healthy, quick veggie dish and this one is sure to please! I'm posting this from one of those freebie recipe cards I found in the mail.
Top Review by Michelle from Central Time
We will be having this one again as it worked quite well. We used red cooking potatoes instead of new potatoes. It was not too vinegary, which is sometimes a problem for me.
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb new potato, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper strip
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water in 3 quart saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add sliced potatoes, onion, bouillion and garlic.
- Return to boil.
- Cover. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until potatoes are tender-crisp. Drain.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Return to heat.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until hot, stirring occassionally.
- Cover. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.