Recipe by Abby Girl
This is a wonderful dry rub used for any cuts of lamb. Sprinkle the lamb and let marinate for up to 24 hours. I have included a variation for a wet rub. This rub is also excellent for chicken and pork.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons whole mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic flakes, dried
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely grind the mustard seed in a blender.
- Rub the rosemary in your fingers until well crushed. Add the mustard seed, garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and mustard powder and combine.
- Transfer to a jar, cover and store away from heat and light. This rub will keep for several months.
- Variation: For a web rub, stir 1 T Worcestershire sauce and 1 T olive oil into the rub. Spread the paste over the lamb and let marinate for several hours.