Prep 4 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I sometimes make kabobs with the zucchini and chicken after marinating them seperately. Cut chicken and zucchini into chunks if kabobing. Pound breast a bit to even out the thickness and cut zucchini in half and then half again if just grilling. Works well on the George Foreman.
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 -5 zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (fresh is best, but you can use bottled if you need to)
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Make small slits going crosswise down the length of each chicken breast.
- This is to help the marinade penetrate the meat better.
- Be careful not to cut too far into the chicken.
- Put chicken and marinade into large zip loc bag and let marinate at least 4 hours or all day.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and then in half crosswise and put into zip lock with a bit of the marinade for at least 4 hours.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat until well browned and very firm to the touch.
- Careful not to burn!
- Grill zucchini until tender crisp.
- Don't baste with the reserved chicken marinade because it contains bacteria from the chicken, the marinade from the zucchini is fine to baste with.