Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great cool weather warm you up soup.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender.
- Stir in the mushroom soup, cream, rosemary, salt, pepper and paprika; heat through but do not boil.
- Sprinkle with minced chives.
This was exactly what I was looking for. A rich creamy soup with mushrooms and the divine taste of rosemary. Very light in texture but big on flavor. Wonderful.
I made this to serve at a lady's luncheon. Very delicious. I used white button mushrooms and fresh rosemary which I would highly recommend. Gave the soup a nice look and fragrant aroma, not to mention incredible flavor. Very classy and several women asked for the recipe.
What an easy quick soup. Made for French Forum Rosemary 2010. I did add about 1/2 cup more mushrooms (white is what I had on hand) and 1/2 half and half and the rest broth, only because my one container of cream was bad and I only had a little over 1/2 cup cream. but it worked great. Fresh rosemary was excellent in it as well as fresh chives. Easy, quick, excellent recipe. Keepin' it my list. Thx, Kim