Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
Sounds wonderful and easy! From my local paper.
Make and share this Rosemary-Merlot Flank Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup merlot or 3⁄4 cup other red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Combine onion, broth, wine, rosemary, salt, italian seasoning and garlic in a large zip top plastic bag.
- Add steak and let it marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes, turning the bag once.
- Then remove steak and reserve the marinade.
- Place steak on preheated grill or under the broiler.
- Cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired amount of doneness.
- Let stand 5 minutes, and slice steak diagonally across the grain.
- While the steak cooks, combine the reserved marinade, tomato paste and mustard over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 1 cup (about 7 minutes).
- Serve sauce with steak, or pour over the slices before serving.
I marinated the steak in the marinade for about 1 hour. But we felt like it needed more time in the marinade. The sauce was really good. Thanks Bekah :) Made for I Recommend tag game
Very tasty! I marinated about 2 hours, though. I broiled but will try again during warmer weather, on the grill. The sauce was very good! Thanks for posting.