Recipe by Snow Pea
Lemon zest, rosemary and panko breadcrumbs give a summery twist to meatballs. Add to your favorite pasta sauce and serve over spaghetti for a warm weather version of traditional hearty fare. From Everyday Food.
- 8 ounces ground chuck
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups good quality pasta sauce
- hot cooked spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, panko, egg, garlic, rosemary, lemon zest & juice, 1/2 t coarse salt and 1/4 t pepper. Mix just until combined (do not overmix). Using a level 1/4 C measure for each, form mixture into 12 meatballs.
- Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add meatballs; cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 10 - 12 minutes. Carefully drain any grease.
- Pour in pasta sauce, cover and simmer until meatballs are cooked through, at least 8 - 10 minutes.
- Serve over hot spaghetti.