Recipe by quondamquadrat
Very simple recipe for a very uniquely flavored mashed potato. From Bon Appetit Magazine, November 2000. Enjoy!
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
I wound up whipping these potatoes at the end creating a creamy satisfying tasty side dish. I also minced the fresh rosemary in a small food processor. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water, about 40 minutes. Drain. Return potatoes to pot. Mash.
- Combine half and half and rosemary in small saucepan; bring to simmer. Remove from heat. Stir into mashed potatoes.
- Add butter; stir to melt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.