Recipe by invictus
From Taste of Home March 2008. I recently bought a rosemary plant at our local farmer's market. What a great way to use it!
Top Review by Shuzbud
Loved the flavour of the rosemary in these potatoes (might have used a little more than 1/2 tsp!). I used these to top a cottage pie and the herby flavour did the job perfectly. Thanks for a super recipe!
- 4 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a dutch oven; add 1 teaspoon salt. Cover with water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add the milk or cream, butter, rosemary, numeg, pepper and remaining salt. Beat until smooth.