Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A simple but delicious side dish from Bon Appetit. ZWT West region (Idaho potatoes).
- 4 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 5 large)
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 40 minutes. Drain. Return potatoes to pot; mash.
- Combine half and half and rosemary in small saucepan; bring to simmer. Remove from heat; stir into mashed potatoes. Add butter; stir to melt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature. Before serving, stir over low heat until warm.).
Really yummy but I addehd garlic and it was yummier!
I used 2 % milk for these and they were so good. I love the added rosemary which gave them a nice flavor boost. Made for ZWT 4 by a Jefe de la cocina!
Lovely mash - and a perfect side for a roast lamb dinner. The rosemary was a nice addition I'd never used before in mashed potatoes. Very creamy and rich and plain delicious.