Recipe by Reggie's Mom
The rosemary in these potatoes lends a wonderful flavour. I got this recipe off the 2009 Milk Calendar. Truly delicious. You can substitute Provolone or Gouda cheese for the Asiago. I submitted with Asiago as that is what I used.
- 3 lbs yellow fleshed potatoes, about 6 medium
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups asiago cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks. In a pot, cover potatoes with cold water; bring to a boil over high heat. Season water with 1 tsp salt. Reduce heat and boil gently until fork tender, Drain; return pot to low heat for 1 minute to dry, shaking often.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan or in a microwave safe measuring cup, combine milk, rosemary and pepper. Heat, uncovered, over medium heat on stove top or on 50% power in microwave until steaming, for about 3 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Butter 8 large ramekins or a shallow 8 cup baking dish.
- Mash potatoes while gradually adding warmed milk mixture. Mash in 1 cup of the cheese. Spread into ramekins or baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Broil for about 3 minutes or until cheese is browned.