Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
A simple grilled or broiled fish dish. If you want to minimize the olive taste of the oil, use light olive oil. If you prefer a richer dish, serve with hollandaise sauce instead of lemon wedges.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf
- 6 tuna steaks (2 1/2-3 lbs)
- lemon wedge
- Place fish in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- Combine first 6 ingredients (olive oil through rosemary), pour over steaks and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning once.
- Broil or grill tuna steaks, 4-5 minutes per side, basting with marinade (minus the bay leaf, of course).
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
This was the first time I've cooked fresh tuna and this recipe made it very good. The lemon and rosemary were great together. Thanks!
Good! We broiled this and it had a mild lemony rosemary flavor. Cook times and marinade times were perfect.