Recipe by qiltkitty
A quick and easy recipe that is a variation on meatloaf, but individual size and carb friendly. The rosemary gives this old time favourite a unique taste twist.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, equal amount of breadcrumbs if you are using them
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- fresh rosemary (to garnish) or parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ground beef in a mixing bowl with onion.
- If using dried rosemary, chop it with the parsley for a fresh taste.
- Add rosemary, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, grated cheese (breadcrumbs), egg and wine to the meat and onion mixture.
- Mix with hands or spoon until well combined.
- Shape into 6 equally sized mini loaves; they should be at least 1 inch in height.
- Heat oil in large skillet; brown loaves on each side over medium heat.
- Lower heat and cover; let cook for 15 - 20 minutes turning the loaves once.
- Serve immediately and garnish with rosemary or parsley.