Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From hellsbackbonegrill.com. The recipe was scaled back considerably. Light and refreshing-unique flavor!
- 3 cups filtered water
- scant 1/4 cup natural cane sugar, to taste
- 1 stem fresh rosemary (a partial stem of *rosemary about 2 1/2-inches in length)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice, to taste
- lime slice
- fresh rosemary (few rosemary needles floated on top of the beverage)
- ice cube
- *Note: I lightly bruised the rosemary in a pestle and mortar.
- Combine 1 cup water and sugar in sauce pan.
- Bring to boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Boil gently, undisturbed and uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in the rosemary stem, cover pan and let steep for 1 hour.
- Remove the rosemary then add the lime juice and remaining 2 cups of water.
- Stir, add ice cubes and garnish with lime slices and a few rosemary needles.
I really enjoyed this spicy limeade CG. It was perfect. Lime is my citrus of choice and this lovely recipe does not disappoint. It was quick and easy to make with great results. Made for Beverage Anyone? Tag Game.