1/1 Photo of Rosemary Lentil Vegetable Soup
1 hr 10 mins
What's Cooking?'s Note:
A savory herbed vegan lentil-vegetable soup. If you include the jalapeno pepper, it has a nice spicy kick - Leave it out if you want a milder soup. Great for cold winter days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 2 cups dry green lentils
- 7 cups water
- 3 gluten-free vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and diced
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups frozen spinach or 3 cups shredded fresh spinach
- salt, to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped finely (including seeds) (optional)
- 1Heat oil over medium-high flame in large pot.
- 2When the oil is heated, add onions and saute until translucent.
- 3Add garlic and rosemary, and cook until they fragrance the oil (1-2 minutes).
- 4Add remaining ingredients, except for spinach.
- 5Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add spinach and cook for 5 more minutes.
- 7Adjust salt to taste.
- 8Allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Lentil Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 64.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free vegetable bouillon cubes