Recipe by katie in the UP
This is one of Rachael Ray's recipes. It's perfect for those of us with overgrown rosemary! (and the end of season veggies in our gardens!)
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed and tops removed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 16 sprigs fresh rosemary, 6 to 8-inch lengths
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill pan over high heat.
- Combine zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes in a bowl.
- Dress veggies with lemon, vinegar and oil, salt and pepper.
- Soak rosemary in a bowl of water for 5 minutes.
- Thread veggies on rosemary from the bottom of the stems (I used a metal skewer to puncture the squash first).
- Fill rosemary stems and place them on the hot grill.
- Cook 3 or 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a serving plate.