Recipe by Margie99
This sounds like a great refreshing drink. I also can't wait to serve some to my kids and maybe introduce rhubarb to thier picky little palettes.
Top Review by Annacia
Wonderful. What a grand summer treat, it's refreshing, sweet/tart and savory from the rosemary. As I don't have fresh rosemary I used 1 Tbsp of dried and that worked well. The sugar was replaced with Splenda . I have a healthy rhubarb patch and a fair amount of it will be going into making sure that this recipe is on hand for the summer.
- 1 lb rhubarb, cleaned and cut into 1/2 pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- soda water or carbonated water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sauce pan bring rhubarb pieces, water, sugar and rosemary to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. The rhubarb will disingrate.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and add the lemon juice. Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, fill a glass between a quarter or half full of the syrup and the rest with soda water.