1/2 Photos of Rosemary-Lemon No-Knead Bread
Bonnie G #2's Note:
I've been wanting to try a "No-Knead Bread" for some time and this recipe showed up in my new William Sonama Magazine. Have to go out and buy a Dutch Oven, and will give this a try. Sounds fairly simple, with a long, slow rise time. It reports and end product of "a rustic bakery-quality bread with a crusty exterior and soft, springy interior" sounds great doesn't it. Can't wait to try it out. I had to put an amount for the cornmeal, but it's actually "as needed" Preparation time does not including rising time. Edited to add: I finally was able to make this, I had trouble with the rising but think my house was to cold. The blend of flavors was a nice change from plain bread and it did have that nice rustic look with a crusty outside.
My Private Note
1 1/2 p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, combine flour, yeast, salt, rosemary and zest.
- 2Add 1 5/8 cups water, stir until blended (dough will be shaggy and sticky)
- 3Cover with plastic wrap.
- 4Let dough rest at warm room temperature (70F) until surface is dotted with bubbles (12-18 hours) Pleace dough on lightly floured surface.
- 5Sprinkle dough with flour, fold dough over onto itself once or twice.
- 6Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest 15 minutes.
- 7Using very little flour, gently and quickly shape dough into a ball. Generously coat smoot cotton towel with cornmeal.
- 8Put dough, seam side down, on towel. dust with more flour or cornmeal. Cover with another towel; let rise until dough is more than double in size and does not readily spring back when pokked with a finger, about 2 hours.
- 9t least 30 minutes before dough is ready, put 2 3/4 quart cast-iron pot in oven; preheat oven to 450°F.
- 10Remove pot from oven.
- 11Slide hand under towel; turn dough over, seam side up, into pot; it's OK if it looks messy.
- 12Cover with lid; bake 30 minutes.
- 13Uncover, bake until loaf is browned, 15-30 minutes more.
- 14Set pot on wire rack; cool 10 minutes.
- 15Using oven mitts, turn pot on side; gently turn bread, it will release easily.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary-Lemon No-Knead Bread
Serving Size: 1 (837 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1592.4
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4107.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 334.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 44.1 g