Prep 3 mins
Cook 30 mins
A refreshing summertime cocktail. Time does not include cooling time for syrup. I changed the amount of rosemary originally posted from 1/2 cup to 4 sprigs, which when chopped coarsely, equals about 1/2 cup, but I think others were chopping it too fine to fill the 1/2 cup, and that is why it was too strong. :)
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped (stems and leaves)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 ounces vodka or 2 ounces gin
- 2 slices lemons
- soda water
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- To make syrup:.
- Place all syrup ingredients into a saucepan and boil 30 minutes.
- Strain and allow to cool completely before use.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator.
- To make cocktail:.
- Place 1 ounce syrup with vodka (or gin) and lemon slices over ice in shaker. Shake well.
- Strain into a rocks glass and add a splash of soda.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig.
I love this drink, so refreshing!!! Followed instructions as listed. Thanks for sharing your recipe :)
Great drink...Mikekey...I love rosemary...I did use the 4 sprigs and coarsley cut them up. It made for a scary green colored sugar water. I learned a long time ago, don't judge a book by its cover...hence color...I used grey goose vodka in this cocktail, twas so smooth. This cocktail was incredible, after I added the small splash of soda water; what a difference it made, it mellowed the rosemary and left a slightly spicey flavor, not over powering at all. I enjoyed it very much and will make again. Thanks for sharing.
Great drink. cut the rosemary a bit but other than that made as stated. thanks