Recipe by Outta Here
A refreshing summertime cocktail. Time does not include cooling time for syrup. I changed the amount of rosemary originally posted from 1/2 cup to 4 sprigs, which when chopped coarsely, equals about 1/2 cup, but I think others were chopping it too fine to fill the 1/2 cup, and that is why it was too strong. :)
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped (stems and leaves)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 ounces vodka or 2 ounces gin
- 2 slices lemons
- soda water
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- To make syrup:.
- Place all syrup ingredients into a saucepan and boil 30 minutes.
- Strain and allow to cool completely before use.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator.
- To make cocktail:.
- Place 1 ounce syrup with vodka (or gin) and lemon slices over ice in shaker. Shake well.
- Strain into a rocks glass and add a splash of soda.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig.