Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, divided (or to taste)
- 2 (1 1/4 lb) Cornish hens
- 1⁄2 lemon, halved
- 2 cups cubed yukon gold potatoes or 2 cups red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°; in a small bowl, combine the rosemary, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Remove and discard the giblets from the hens; rinse hens with cold water; pat dry.
- Remove skin, trim excess fat.
- Work with 1 hen at a time: place 1 lemon piece in the cavity of the hen, tie ends of legs together with twine.
- Lift wing tips up and over back; tuck under hen (repeat with remaining hen and lemon piece).
- Rub hens with rosemary mixture.
- Place hens, breast side up, on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Toss potato with oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper; arrange potatoes around hens.
- Insert a meat thermometer into meaty part of a thigh, making sure not to touch bone.
- Remove twine from lets; bake at 375° for 1 hour or until thermometer reads 180°.