From Cooking Light
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°; in a small bowl, combine the rosemary, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Remove and discard the giblets from the hens; rinse hens with cold water; pat dry.
- 3Remove skin, trim excess fat.
- 4Work with 1 hen at a time: place 1 lemon piece in the cavity of the hen, tie ends of legs together with twine.
- 5Lift wing tips up and over back; tuck under hen (repeat with remaining hen and lemon piece).
- 6Rub hens with rosemary mixture.
- 7Place hens, breast side up, on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- 8Toss potato with oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper; arrange potatoes around hens.
- 9Insert a meat thermometer into meaty part of a thigh, making sure not to touch bone.
- 10Remove twine from lets; bake at 375° for 1 hour or until thermometer reads 180°.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary-Lemon Cornish Game Hens With Roasted Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (745 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 843.5
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 516.4 mg
- Sodium 975.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 117.0 g