Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so different than the usual sweet cheesecake but such a nice change. The lemon and the rosemary complement each other. Found this at ruthsrecipes.com.
- 2 (15 ounce) cartons ricotta cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch springform pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in ricotta cheese, flour, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Stir in eggs, rosemary, lemon peel until just combined. Do not beat.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes. Turn oven off. Leave cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Run a knife arond the sides of the pan. Allow to cool for another 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan and allow the cake to finish cooling.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Top with a sprig of rosemary.