1/1 Photo of Rosemary Lamb Stew
1 hr 15 mins
A broth-based lamb stew using fresh herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lamb stew meat
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, plus some celery leaves, chopped
- 4 -6 mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine (optional)
- 1Heat one tablespoon oil in cooking pot.
- 2Add onion, celery, and mushrooms, and cook until soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 3Remove from pot and set aside.
- 4Heat the other tablespoon oil in the pot and add the meat.
- 5Sauté over medium heat until browned on all sides.
- 6Sprinkle flour and paprika over meat and cook a few minutes until the flour is lightly browned.
- 7Add hot broth and stir, scraping up any bits stuck to the bottom (I use a wire whisk for this).
- 8Add remaining ingredients to the meat, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer on medium-low heat for about an hour, or until meat is soft.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Lamb Stew
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.8 mg
- Sodium 482.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 17.2 g