Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I don't eat red meat as a rule, but lamb is one thing I make an exception for once or twice a year. This mild chili could also be made on the stove top, but I like to make all my chili and most of my soups in a crock pot and let it simmer. Do it whatever way you prefer.
- 1 lb lamb chops or 1 lb stew meat, trimmed and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can white kidney beans, do not drain
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, do not drain
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste (I don't use it) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- feta cheese (optional)
- Brown lamb, onion, and garlic in a nonstick pan.
- Place meat mixture and the rest of the ingredients except for cheese in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or more, depending on how thick you like it.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with feta cheese (if using).
Very tasty! The broth is delicious after simmering all day in the crock pot. Added green bell peppers. Good served over couscous.
Very simple and very tastey. Took this to a party and it was very well received. Thanks!
This made some of the best chili I've ever had! It was simple to make, prep time was almost nil, and who doesn't like a crockpot simmering all afternoon?! The lamb gave it such a unique flavour and I found that I only had to add a few ingredients to make it "perfect" for my taste. Well done!