Recipe by Vino Girl
I don't eat red meat as a rule, but lamb is one thing I make an exception for once or twice a year. This mild chili could also be made on the stove top, but I like to make all my chili and most of my soups in a crock pot and let it simmer. Do it whatever way you prefer.
- 1 lb lamb chops or 1 lb stew meat, trimmed and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can white kidney beans, do not drain
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, do not drain
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste (I don't use it) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- feta cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown lamb, onion, and garlic in a nonstick pan.
- Place meat mixture and the rest of the ingredients except for cheese in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or more, depending on how thick you like it.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with feta cheese (if using).