Recipe by Dawnab
I bought some rosemary oil and loved it, but wanted to make it more cost effectively at home. Found this recipe by Giada De Laurentiis on Foodtv.com. It is delicious on roasted or grilled veggies and in salad dressings.
Top Review by MmmYummy
I love herb-infused olive oil as much as the rest of us, and am planning on making some to give as gifts for Christmas. After reading the post regarding the risk of harmful bacteria, I did a web search on the subject. The Oliveoilsource.com website tells us that there are 4 ways to make this delicious oil at home. 1. Use it within a week. 2. Preserve the ingredients with vinegar or brine. 3. Dry the herbs with a dehydrator first. 4. Press the olives with the spices. I will be drying my fresh rosemary in a dehydrator before preparing, and then make sure to tell any gift recipients to refrigerate it and use it within a month. If they want to preserve it longer they can freeze it.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oil and rosemary in a heavy small saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the sprigs to a 4-ounce bottle or cruet.
- Add the oil and seal the lid.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 month.