Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Got this in my inbox this morning from Mightycool.com I thought that someone might just be looking for this elegant looking and tasty recipe, and, so posted it. Hope it comes in handy for someone, sometime, someday...
Top Review by WeatherednBoston
My favorite meat is Lamb. I have tried many recipes from the net and this was by far the best recipe for my tastes. The honey was a nice addition to the usual ingredients. I used regular Mustard spice instead of dijon and it came out nice. I also cooked it @ 425 degree first than brought it down to 325 degrees since I had a small 2 lb roast and didnt want it to cook to fast. It only took 1 hour to cook. Thanks!
- 5 lbs leg of lamb
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the honey, mustard, rosemary, ground black pepper, lemon zest and garlic nicely in a bowl.
- Rub this spice and honey mixture now into the lamb.
- Allow to marinate, refrigerated, overnight so to allow the flavours to intensify to their fullest.
- Preheat the oven to 450F (230C).
- Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake at 450F (230C) for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 400F (205C).
- Roast for 55-60 minutes more.
- There is an accompanying note with the recipe that says the internal temperature will measure 145F (63C) for medium rare and 165F (74C) for well done.