Recipe by Steph S
These juicy burgers are packed with flavor and "smoked" on the grill with fresh rosemary.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 orange bell peppers or 1⁄2 red bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, minced (I use Walla Walla sweet onions)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, plus more if necessary
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced, plus
- 4 -5 extra rosemary sprigs
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Start your grill. Layer 3 large pieces of aluminum foil, bending up the edges slightly. Oil lightly to prevent the burgers from sticking.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except rosemary sprigs.
- Mixture will be quite moist, but you can add more bread crumbs if it is too moist to form into patties.
- Form into 5 burgers.
- When the coals are medium hot, place the the foil "tray" on the grill and arrange the burgers on top.
- Place the sprigs of rosemary around the burgers.
- Grill, covered, for about 40 minutes, flipping burgers once half way through.
- Serve on buns with all your favorite toppings!