Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found this in the summer issue of Heart-Healthy Living Magazine. Prep time does not iclude marinating time.
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place each chicken breast between two pieces of wax paper and pound to an even thickness. Place in a resealable bag. Place bag in a small bowl.
- In a small bowl combine lime peel, lime juice, rosemary, olive oil, sugar, garlic, and salt. Seal bag, turning to coat chicken. Refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Season chicken with black pepper. Grill over medium coals uncovered, turning once for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink. (170F).
This chicken is to die for. I grilled last night and have had rave reviews. It is so simple to do. I did use a teaspoon of dried rosemary but it was still good. I would imagine it to be even better with fresh. I used the leftovers in burritos. How good