Recipe by Lalaloula
These delightful savoury muffins feature fresh rosemary, tangy goat cheese and crunchy pistachios to make a very yummy treat! They go great with hearty soups or as part of a party buffet.
Top Review by Outta Here
Delicious! Always on the lookout for recipes using goat cheese, since we buy it in a BIG package at Costco! I use unsalted butter to cook with, and should have added a little salt to the recipe to make up for the lack of it in the butter. I couldn't find a small pack of pistachios (and didn't want a bunch of them left) so I subbed toasted pine nuts and that worked great. Thanks for this keeper.
- 25 g butter (I used a garlic infused one)
- 2 eggs (medium)
- 125 g flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 85 g yogurt (low-fat is fine)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, minced
- 29.58 ml goat cheese, heaping (cream cheese)
- 0.59-1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 29.58 ml pistachios, chopped (preferrably roasted)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl cream butter and eggs until very creamy.
- In another bowl combine flour and baking powder. Add to egg mixture alternating with yogurt. Add oil. Mix in well.
- Stir in chopped rosemary and goats cheese. Season with pepper.
- Fill into prepared muffin tins (I used silicone ones). Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Enjoy! :).