1/1 Photo of Rosemary Garlic Roasted Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
I came up with this recipe because I wanted to combine my recipe for rosemary garlic chicken and beer chicken. It turns out so moist and flavorful and looks gorgeous. Makes a classic sunday night family supper especially when you serve with mashed potatoes and another side. ** Note ** You can try a different kind of beer in this recipe if you can't get Leinie's, I just have never used anything different. These beers I recommend just enhance the flavors that you are already putting on the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole roasting chicken (approx. 3-4 lbs)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons season salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (Leiniekughal's honey weiss or summer shandy)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Butterfly the chicken. Don't worry it's not as hard as it sounds. If you don't want to have to attempt this yourself ask your butcher to do it for you. OK deep breath here's how you do it yourself. On a STURDY cutting board (you don't want it sliding around on you) lay the chicken breast side down. Take your knife (you'll need one at least as long as your chicken and able to fit inside the cavity) and place it inside the cavity and cut through the breast bone. Turn the chicken over and spread open the breast til you see the backbone. Choose one side of the backbone and cut through it. This is a lot easier than trying to cut through the backbone itself. TA DA you have now butterflyed a whole chicken.
- 3Melt the butter. In the microwave is the easiest way.
- 4Allow the butter to cool til it starts to solidify again. I know it sounds crazy but this works the best, you can just put it into the fridge for a minute if your in a hurry.
- 5Into the butter add the granulated garlic, dried rosemary, lemon juice, season salt, and black pepper. Stir to incorporate.
- 6Place a cooling rack into a shallow raosting pan. Spray both liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- 7Put the sprig of fresh rosemary and the sliced lemon into the bottom of the roasting pan (under the cooling rack).
- 8Pour the beer into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- 9Take the butter mixture and with a pastry brush brush it all over the chicken. Make sure you brush the inside and all the nooks and crankies.
- 10Place the chicken skin side up on the cooling rack inside the roasting pan.
- 11Bake at 350* for approximatly an hour and a half or until done.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Garlic Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 872.6
- Calories from Fat 581
- Total Fat 64.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 274.3 mg
- Sodium 313.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 58.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: