Recipe by kleigh83
I love this recipe because it dresses up regular old oven fries.
Top Review by UmmBinat
Yummy. I used dried marjoram as I didnt have any dried rosemary after deciding on this recipe. I used yellow potatoes which were good, a bit extra sea salt, canola because I need to buy olive oil. It would be better with olive oil I know that. I cut them as stated but was cooking with another dish so they were on 375F rather than the 475F which I think is to high anyway and a couple got a bit to dark, but that may be my oven. I served them with Recipe #355410 and Recipe #308203 and Helmans olive oil mayonnaise and corn free ketchup from the health food store for a good meal for DD (toddler) and I. I would like to make these again with olive oil and dried rosemary or still using marjoram.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes (long & white work best)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary (crumbled)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Spray 15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch jelly roll pan or large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut each unpeeled potato lengthwise in half.
- Holding each potato half flat side down, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Then cut each lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Place potato sticks in pan; toss with oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, and garlic.
- Arrange in single layer on pan and roast for 30 min (or until sticks are tender and golden).
- Be sure and turn the potatoes once halfway through roasting time.