Recipe by RecipeNut
This is one of our favorite mashed potato recipes during the Holiday season! Cooking time Includes roasting time for garlic
Top Review by Lt. Amy
Very good. I used a little less fresh rosemary and a little less roasted garlic than called for. Also, I used red potatoes and didn't peel them. Even with these changes the mashed potatoes were a hit!
- 1 head roasted garlic (recipe included)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (5 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Roasted Garlic.
- Place potato pieces in medium saucepan; add water to cover and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes; set aside.
- Place cream, milk, butter and rosemary in small saucepan; heat over medium-high heat about 3 minutes or until butter melts and mixture simmers, stirring often.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher until smooth.
- Add roasted garlic and milk mixture; beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
- Roasted Garlic: Cut off top third of 1 large garlic head to expose cloves; discard top.
- Place head of garlic, trimmed end up, on 10-inch square of foil.
- Rub garlic generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Gather foil ends together and close tightly.
- Roast in preheated 350 degree oven 45 minutes or until cloves are golden and soft.
- When cool enough to handle, squeeze roasted garlic cloves from skins; discard skins.