Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A lovely dish that is quick to prepare and wonderful for a quick dinner or for company alike.
Make and share this Rosemary Garlic Lamb Steaks With Couscous - Mediterranean recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lamb steak
- 1 large lemon
- 250 g couscous
- 2 large bell peppers
- 3 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 6 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 bulb of garlic
- olive oil
- Chop all the vegetables into even bite size chunks.
- Peel the garlic bulb and split with the back of a knife and slice into small dice.
- Pour olive oil into the bottom of an enamel or metal rasting tray and put in vegetables.
- Lay lamb steaks onto the top of the vegetables.
- Squeeze on lemon juice.
- Sprinkle rosemary and oregano over the lamb and vegetables.
- Sprinkle over the garlic.
- Roast in the oven for around 30 minutes until vegetables are soft and lamb is cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile prepare couscous, pop in a bowl and cover with boiling water. cover bowl with a clean tea towel. once the couscous has absorbed the water, fluff up with a fork to separate the grains.
- Serve the couscous, vegetables and lamb.
- The vegetables are even better the next day and can work well with a tin of tomatoes added and used as a pasta sauce. enjoy.