1/1 Photo of Rosemary Garlic Croutons from St. Augustine
I had the pleasure of eating these while I went to visit our new friends in St. Augustine. It was so cold there(much colder than in Orlando) and I would be so happy to sit down to a bowl of soup with these croutons! I think these are simply great! Try them and let me know what you think:-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the crusts from the slices of bread.
- 2Cut into 1/2 inch (1cm) cubes.
- 3Keep aside.
- 4Heat oil in a skillet or frying pan on moderately low flame.
- 5While the oil is heating, crush the clove of garlic and rosemary, separately, using your mortar and pestle.
- 6You can also crumble the rosemary between the palms of your hands if you like.
- 7I personally like to crush it to bring out the flavour to the fullest.
- 8Now, add the crushed garlic to the moderately hot oil and cook for a minute, stirring continuously until it is golden.
- 9Remove the garlic.
- 10Toss in the bread cubes and crushed/crumbled rosemary.
- 11Cook these awesome croutons, tossing lightly, until they are lightly browned all over.
- 12Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- 13Remove from the skillet or pan and transfer onto paper towels to drain.
- 14Serve over soup (if they last that long!).
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Garlic Croutons from St. Augustine
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.1
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 402.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g