1/1 Photo of Rosemary Garlic Croutons from St. Augustine
I had the pleasure of eating these while I went to visit our new friends in St. Augustine. It was so cold there(much colder than in Orlando) and I would be so happy to sit down to a bowl of soup with these croutons! I think these are simply great! Try them and let me know what you think:-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the crusts from the slices of bread.
- 2Cut into 1/2 inch (1cm) cubes.
- 3Keep aside.
- 4Heat oil in a skillet or frying pan on moderately low flame.
- 5While the oil is heating, crush the clove of garlic and rosemary, separately, using your mortar and pestle.
- 6You can also crumble the rosemary between the palms of your hands if you like.
- 7I personally like to crush it to bring out the flavour to the fullest.
- 8Now, add the crushed garlic to the moderately hot oil and cook for a minute, stirring continuously until it is golden.
- 9Remove the garlic.
- 10Toss in the bread cubes and crushed/crumbled rosemary.
- 11Cook these awesome croutons, tossing lightly, until they are lightly browned all over.
- 12Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- 13Remove from the skillet or pan and transfer onto paper towels to drain.
- 14Serve over soup (if they last that long!).
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Garlic Croutons from St. Augustine
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.1
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 402.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g