Recipe by yogiclarebear
Easy and savory meal in a foil pocket for the grill! You could probably do this in the oven as well, although I haven't tried it.
Top Review by jrusk
This was super! I used the oven because it is too hot to grill. I added salt, pepper and adobo seasoning to the chicken and tossed the veggies with evoo. I sprinkled a lot of chopped garlic and fresh rosemary over all. The lemon slices gave it great flavor. Covered with foil and baked at 450 for 35 minutes. I transfered all to a serving platter and used the pan juices to make a quick sauce by adding white wine and wondra. Didn't need the sauce for flavor but I like a sauce when I heat up leftovers for moisture.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces baby red potatoes, diced into 1/2-1 inch pieces
- 16 baby carrots
- 10 slices yellow squash, 1/2 inch slices
- 10 slices zucchini, 1/2 inch slices
- 16 -20 grape tomatoes
- 2 lemon slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a short burst of non-stick cooking spray in a large plastic bag. Add all ingredients except lemon and toss with seasonings to coat.
- Prepare 2 18” squares of heavy duty foil.
- To make one pocket, put 1 chicken breast on the foil square and pile 1/2 of the veggies around and on top, topping with a lemon slice. Repeat with the remaining foil and ingredients.
- Fold and seal foil around the ingredients leaving enough room for steaming.
- Grill over medium heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Careful of steam when opening!