Recipe adapted from "Living it Up" by George Hirsch, a BBQ expert who does live demonstrations at BBQ cookoffs. Prep time does not include time to marinade chicken (2 hours).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Carmelized Garlic: Lay each garlic head on its side and cut off approximately one-quarter of the garlic from the root end, exposing the garlic cloves.
- 2Brush with olive oil.
- 3Place the heads, exposed end down, in a single layer in an ovenproof dish or directly on the grill.
- 4Roast in a 325°F oven or on a very low temperature grill, uncovered, until light brown, about 10 minutes.
- 5Cover with a 12-inch square of aluminum foil and roast 8 to 10 minutes longer, or until creamy.
- 6Allow garlic to cool and remove cloves from head.
- 7Crush garlic cloves with flat of a knife to puree.
- 8Add 1/3 of garlic puree to marinade for chicken strips.
- 9Serve remaining puree on the side.
- 10For chicken: In shallow 2-quart bowl, mix chicken strips with olive oil, lemon juice, Carmelized Garlic, rosemary, hot sauce and pepper until well blended.
- 11Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 12Preheat the grill to high.
- 13Place the chicken in a grill basket in a single layer.
- 14Place the basket on the grill and cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 15Turn and cook for 2 minutes, or until done.
- 16Serve with Carmelized Garlic and a dipping sauce such as Memphis-Style Barbecue Sauce (Memphis-Style Barbecue Sauce here on Zaar).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Garlic Chicken Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.2
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 45.9 mg
- Sodium 81.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 17.8 g