Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This recipe came from Wilton for use in their 2-piece lamb shaped pan. Cooking time includes a 30 minute rise. If you like, you can garnish the lamb-shaped bread with a stem of fresh rosemary around its neck and some fresh edible flowers around the base.
- 4 -4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons fast rising yeast (.25 oz package)
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup hot water (120-130 F)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit, diced
- Grease pan.
- In a large bowl, add 2 cups flour, sugar, salt, yeast, butter and rosemary. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Gradually add the hot water and continue stirring until the butter is melted.
- Add egg. Beat well.
- Stir in dried fruit bits and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place in back of prepared pan. Tie top of pan over bottom with string.
- Let the dough rise 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Bake bread 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and cool.