1/5 Photos of Rosemary Focaccia Bread
2 hrs 15 mins
Kim D.'s Note:
Nothing is better than smelling fresh rosemary and fresh baking bread! This has been a favorite of mine for several years now. Prep-time includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, yeast, 1 tablespoon rosemary and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- 2With a wooden spoon, stir in water and 3 tablespoons olive oil; beat mixture vigorously for 5 minutes.
- 3Cover bowl with a clean towel and let dough rise in a warm place, away from drafts, until doubled in size (about 40 minutes).
- 4Turn dough onto a floured surface and gently knead for one minute.
- 5Lightly oil two large baking sheets (I use baking stones).
- 6Divide dough in half, placing one half on each baking sheet.
- 7Press or roll out each to a 10-inch round.
- 8Cover rounds with clean towels and let rise until doubled in size (about 30 minutes).
- 9Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 10With finger tips, make indentions all over surface of focaccia and brush each round with 1/2 tablespoon remaining olive oil.
- 11Sprinkle rounds with remaining rosemary and sea salt.
- 12Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
- 13Cut in wedges and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Focaccia Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1502.6
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2630.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 264.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 36.9 g