Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 15 mins
I made this recipe to bring to a family dinner and it went great with the lasagna my Dad made (squash and leek). The texture is really good and the fresh rosemary really comes through.
- Place 4 tbsp of warm water in a bowl and sprinkle yeast over. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix flour with salt and make a well in the center.
- Add chopped rosemary, 4 tbsp olive oil, yeast mixture, pepper and warm water.
- Gradually stir in flour until combined, the dough will be soft and sticky.
- Sprinkle work surface with flour (1/4 to 1/2 cup) and knead for 5-7 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place in a well oiled bowl and cover with damp kitchen towel and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
- Put dough on work surface and knock out air.
- Brush 15x10 inch cookie sheet with oil and transfer dough to pan. Flatten dough to fill pan evenly.
- Cover with damp kitchen towel and let rise 45 minutes or until puffed.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scatter a few rosemary leaves on top and with fingertips, poke the dough all over to make dimples. Pour 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil all over dough and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake on top shelf for 15-20 minutes or until browned.