2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
Veggie Girl.'s Note:
I made this recipe to bring to a family dinner and it went great with the lasagna my Dad made (squash and leek). The texture is really good and the fresh rosemary really comes through.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 4 tbsp of warm water in a bowl and sprinkle yeast over. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- 2In a large bowl, mix flour with salt and make a well in the center.
- 3Add chopped rosemary, 4 tbsp olive oil, yeast mixture, pepper and warm water.
- 4Gradually stir in flour until combined, the dough will be soft and sticky.
- 5Sprinkle work surface with flour (1/4 to 1/2 cup) and knead for 5-7 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- 6Place in a well oiled bowl and cover with damp kitchen towel and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Put dough on work surface and knock out air.
- 8Brush 15x10 inch cookie sheet with oil and transfer dough to pan. Flatten dough to fill pan evenly.
- 9Cover with damp kitchen towel and let rise 45 minutes or until puffed.
- 10Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 11Scatter a few rosemary leaves on top and with fingertips, poke the dough all over to make dimples. Pour 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil all over dough and sprinkle with sea salt.
- 12Bake on top shelf for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (656 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 292.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: