Recipe by Floofies
From the Good Housekeeping step by step cookbook. I love these because they are not made with shortening and turn out light and fluffy, not like some recipes where they are heavy and dense. Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix egg and milk together.
- Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon into boiling broth.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes.