1 hr 10 mins
A delicious way to use fresh dill and rosemary from the garden. We like these breadsticks with vegetable soup or chicken salad. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (Septermber 1986)
My Private Note
bread s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 2 cups flour with water and yeast in a large bowl, stirring with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- 2Add oil, 2 tablespoons of the egg mixture (egg beaten with 2 tablespoons of water--reserve remainder for glaze), rosemary and dill, stirring with wooden spoon until combined.
- 3Stir in remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until a soft dough is formed.
- 4Knead on a floured board until smooth and elastic, adding more flour as needed (8-10 minutes) and form into a large ball.
- 5Grease large bowl and add dough. Turn to coat all sides of dough. Cover with plastic wrap or towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 7Grease baking sheet.
- 8Divide dough in half (you now have two balls of dough).
- 9Roll ball into one 18-inch long rope. Cut into 14 pieces. (28 total pieces).
- 10Roll each piece into a 12-inch rope. Twist two ropes together.
- 11Place each twisted rope (bread stick) on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough to make a total of 14 bread sticks.
- 12Brush with reserved egg mixture and sprinkle with salt.
- 13Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bread sticks are golden.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Dill Breadsticks
Serving Size: 1 (933 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.1
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 6.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g