Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was one of the first things I learned how to cook on my own, back in junior high school (not including eggs and grilled cheese sandwiches). My mom got the recipe from a dieting group she was with at the time. Edited: I just made this again, so I have edited the recipe to reflect what I actually did. there were many raves at the dining table over this one. :) Serve this with rice or something to soak up the yummy sauce and you won't be disappointed.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Mix orange juice, mustard and rosemary.
- Pour over chicken.
- Simmer another 10 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
- Remove chicken to serving dish and turn heat to high. Boil sauce to reduce 1 or 2 minutes until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, and pour over chicken.
Quick, tasty and so easy, anyone can make it! Don't be fooled by the photo - the sauce looks green in the picture for some reason! It is definitely better if you make this with the sweetest orange juice you can find. I used fresh rosemary that I snipped from a plant in my garden and I also let the sauce reduce by about half to make the sauce more flavorful.
This was a very nice chicken dish! Healthy, easy-to-make, and that orange/dijon sauce is terrific. Served with bowtie pasta to hold that yummy sauce. Thanks for sharing this quick and easy recipe!