Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
I love to grow herbs and this is just one of the many ways to use them.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Combine all ingredients, except rosemary in mixer bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- You may need to add a little more flour is dough appears sticky.(honestly depends on weather outside).add just a tbls at a time.
- Add rosemary and gently mix into the batter.
- Form into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten each with the bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375*. Check after 6 minutes. Turn pan and bake another 2-4 minutes until cookies are pale golden brown and firm to touch.
- Baking times depend on how large you form your cookies.
- Do not overbake.some residual heat always remains after you take cookies from oven.
This is our second time making this delicious batch of cookies. It's crisp clean and refreshing. I think it would go great with lemonade or mint iced tea! We even split 1/4 of the batch and substituted chocolate chips for our little girls. A little crumbly for them, but delicious just the same. EASY recipe and next time I'm going to add more rosemary as I really like the flavor to be more intense. Thanks you!