abe ray's Note:
from the better homes & gardens new diabetic cookbook comes this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons frozen fat-free liquid egg product, thawed
- 1spray a baking sheet with nonstick coating;set aside. in a large bowl combine the first 7 indrediants.
- 2in another bowl stirl together the remaning indgrediants.
- 3add milk mixture all at once to flour mixture stri just until moistened.
- 4on a lightly floured surface knead dough 10 times.
- 5lightly roll or pat dough to an 8-inch circle about 3/4 inch thick.
- 6cut dough into 12 wedged.
- 7carefully trnasfer wedged to prepared baking sheet.
- 8bake in a 400 degree over for 15-18 mins or until golden brown.
- 9remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack fro 5 mins;server warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary-Citrus Scones
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.6
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 152.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free liquid egg product