Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Good any time with a cup of tea. Low in fat. 1.5 diabetic exchange:.5 diabetic fat exchange.
- nonstick cooking spray (such as Pam)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or use splenda-sugar combination)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons refrigerated or frozen fat-free liquid egg product, thawed or 1 egg
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray;set aside;Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, orange peel, rosemary, and salt.
- In another bowl stir together milk, oil, and egg; ADD milk mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface knead dough 10 times; lightly roll or pat dough to an 8-inch circle, about 3/4-inch thick; Cut dough into 12-wedges.
- Carefully transfer wedges to prepared baking sheet;Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown; Remove from baking to wire rack for 5 minutes; serve warm.
these are great not-too-sweet scones. i loved the flavor combination--very delicate and tasty. thanks barb, this goes in my keeper file!