Barb Gertz's Note:
Good any time with a cup of tea. Low in fat. 1.5 diabetic exchange:.5 diabetic fat exchange.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray (such as Pam)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sugar (or use splenda-sugar combination)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons refrigerated or frozen fat-free liquid egg product, thawed or 1 egg
- 1Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray;set aside;Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, orange peel, rosemary, and salt.
- 3In another bowl stir together milk, oil, and egg; ADD milk mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- 4On a lightly floured surface knead dough 10 times; lightly roll or pat dough to an 8-inch circle, about 3/4-inch thick; Cut dough into 12-wedges.
- 5Carefully transfer wedges to prepared baking sheet;Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown; Remove from baking to wire rack for 5 minutes; serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary-Citrus Scones
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 152.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free liquid egg product