One of my regular readers at my blog, elanaspantry.com challenged me to make an agave free raw chocolate dessert. I cam up with this delightful recipe, Raw Chocolate Truffles with stevia instead of agave and a hint of rosemary. You can view the full recipe here: http://www.elanaspantry.com/2008/05/27/rosemary-chocolate-truffles/
- In a large bowl, combine cacao, coconut oil, coconut butter, almond butter, agave nectar and stevia.
- Stir ingredients until well combined.
- Place bowl in freezer for 10-15 minutes until chocolate reaches cold, firm consistency.
- Remove from freezer and roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place walnuts and rosemary in a bowl and roll each truffle in mixture to coat.
- Be sure to store in fridge to maintain texture and consistency.