Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recommended chiles include serranos or habaneros, but it can also be made with pasillas for a raisiny (is this a word?) flavor. NOTE: This recipe requires three to four weeks advance preparation. From "Too Many Chiles" by Dave DeWitt and Nancy & Jeff Gerlach.
- 2 tablespoons fresh chilies, minced
- 1 cup fresh rosemary leaf
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 quart white vinegar (distilled)
- In jars, mix chiles, garlic, and rosemary and cover with the vinegar.
- Place the filled jars in a cool, dark place and leave undisturbed for three to four weeks.
- Strain, and pour into clean, sterilized bottle(s), and label.