This is a weight watchers recipe that is probably our favorite. It has a nice combination of tastes and is great as a leftover. Makes 6 servings and each serving is 5 points.
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Saute the chicken and carrots, stirring frequently, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the rosemary.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through, 3-4 minutes longer.
- Stir in the marmalade, mustard, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, toss to combine.
Well, I'm glad it was healthy, and it wasn't too hard to make, but if you don't like mustard it may not be a dish for you. I also could not find reduced calorie marmalade, at either the regular grocery store or the SuperWalmart locally. It was filling and looked pretty.
I made this Monday night and we couldn't believe how good it was! My dh was worried when I told him that from now on all our meals are going to be low fat and healthy! He's decided he can live with this!
Made this with spelt rather than rice and honey as I'm not overly fond of marmalade. I reduced the mustard per another reviewer's comments. This was gobbled. No leftovers.